Peppermint Bark Brownies
Recipe and Images Provided by Britney breaks Bread
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Peppermint Bark Brownies:
- 1 1/2 cup Unsalted Minerva Dairy butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup coffee (or water)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 10 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint or candy canes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and add to a large mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Mix together until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Add coffee, then mix in eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and espresso powder. Whisk together and add to the butter/sugar mixture. Fold together until just combined (batter will be thick).
- Pour batter into baking pan and even out batter with a spatula or spoon to ensure it is evenly spread throughout the pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Allow brownies to cool completely before moving to the next step.
- Melt white chocolate according to the package’s instructions. Drizzle white chocolate over top of brownies and top with crushed peppermint or candy canes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow white chocolate to set.