Roasted Green Chile Cornbread
Recipe and Images Provided by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s Strawberry Blondie Kitchen’s recipe for Roasted Green Chile Cornbread:
For the Crust
- 2 Anaheim Chile peppers, roasted and diced*
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Minerva Sea Salt Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper (for easy removal). Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, place all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 22-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into squares.