Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
Recipe and Images Provided by The Speckled Palate
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 8 hamburger buns
Slow Cooker BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/4 cup Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 oz. bag shredded cabbage & carrot coleslaw
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce (from the slow cooker!)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In the slow cooker, measure in the chicken stock, melted butter, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, dijon mustard, onion and garlic powders and salt. Whisk.
- Nestle the chicken into the sauce, and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When the chicken shreds, make the slaw in a large bowl.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, honey, mustard, BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar and celery seed. Whisk until smooth.
- Brush the buns with extra butter and toast on a griddle.
- Toss the coleslaw into the mustard mixture with tongs.
- Put together the sandwiches and enjoy warm.
In a family of 6 generations of butter lovers, it’s safe to say there was a lot of cooking…and a lot of butter. We encourage you to get in the kitchen, cooking with and for your loved ones. Always remember, if all else fails, just add butter!
We hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken by our friend The Speckled Palate. For more delicious recipes featuring Minerva Dairy’s better butter, head to our Recipes page. Be sure to keep up with our latest creations through our Facebook, Pinterest, or Instagram page.