Spiced Pear and Almond Cake
Recipe and Images Provided by Britney Breaks Bread
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s Britney Breaks Bread recipe for Spiced Pear and Almond Cake:
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 anjou pears, chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 additional anjou pears for topping
- Sliced Almonds
- Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl and whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, almond extract, brown sugar, milk, and melted butter. Whisk together for about one minute, until smooth.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and fold together. Then fold in chopped pears.
- Spray a springform pan with baking spray/oil and/or line with parchment paper. Pour in batter.
- Thinly slice additional pears vertically and squeeze lemon juice on top to prevent pears from browning in the oven. Place pears on top of the batter and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake for 55-65 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Optional, dust with confectioners sugar.