Tex-Mex Brunch Casserole
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s A Zesty Bite’s recipe for Tex-Mex Brunch Casserole:
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 pound lean breakfast sausage
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and bell pepper. Cook for 6 minutes and then remove.
- While vegetables are cooking, add sausage to a skillet and brown. Discard any grease.
- Place cubed bread down into a casserole dish. Pour sausage and vegetables to the top of the bread. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, cream of mushroom and milk. Mix well and then pour over sausage and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or up to 1 hour.