Zoodles with Meat Sauce
Our family, including our beloved Grandma Lorraine, who famously told us that “there’s not much in life that can’t be made better with butter,” has made developing the perfect batch of butter our family legacy. This goal is more than 125 years in the making, a passion passed on from generation to generation, including our children, who make up generation six.
The end result is a line high butterfat butter in multiple, dreamy flavors, from sea salt butter to the garlic herb variety.
You can grab the rolled version of our butter — or the classic sticks you’ll often find on store shelves — from your local market or specialty store, by using our location tool.
So, without further ado, here’s our recipe for Zoodles with Meat Sauce:
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Garlic Herb Butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3/4 lb. zucchini noodles
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 lb. mozzarella, grated
- In a large skillet, brown the ground chuck and season with salt and pepper. Drain the meat, and in the same skillet, add the garlic and herb butter over medium heat.
- Cook the onions and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Add tomato sauce and oregano, cook for 5 minutes.
- Bring back to a simmer and add the zoodles, carefully fold into the sauce and cover.
- Cook for 5 additional minutes until the zoodles are al dente.
- Serve immediately with some grated mozzarella.