Prep Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 shallots
- 4 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Salted butter
- 4 tablespoons turmeric spice divided
- 1 teaspoon milk curry spice
- 1 can coconut milk (can use 1/3 cup heavy cream)
- 2 cups hot water or broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim off the stems of the cauliflower.
- Mix butter with 2 tablespoons turmeric. Rub butter all over cauliflower.
- Roast cauliflower and whole shallots together.
- Check at 20 minutes. Shallots may need to be removed.
- Continue roasting for another 20 minutes or until softened. I discovered an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is good.
- Once you take cauliflower out of the oven, cut into pieces that will fit in your blender. RESERVE a few end tidbits for garnish.
- Using a heavy-duty blender, put in coconut milk, 1 cup broth, cauliflower, shallots, curry spice, making sure to put liquid in first. Add turmeric a little at a time. You may not need it all. You can use boiled hot water in place of broth. Add more broth as needed. You want the soup texture to be creamy but thick enough to hold the toppings.
- Season with salt and pepper, and taste for spiciness. You may want to add in more turmeric and curry powder, a little at a time.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in frying pan. Toast almonds for a minute or two until golden.
- Garnish soup.
- Pour soup in bowls. Add cauliflower tidbits, chopped parsley, pomegranate arils, almonds.