Prep Time: 5 Hours
* We always suggest using fresh seafood vs. frozen
- 1 lb. raw, peeled, deveined shrimp (Medium or large – depends on how “many” shrimp you want to serve)
- 1 lb. little neck clams
- 1 lb. mussels
- 1 lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced
- 1 lb. baby white potatoes, halved
- 3 ears of sweet corn, cut into thirds
- 8 oz. Minerva Dairy Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1 lemon, halved (plus more for garnish)
- 14 oz. chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine such as sauvignon blanc
- 1 medium white onion, cut into eighths
- 2 stalks of celery, diced thick
- 2 Tbsp. cajon seasoning of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 cups water
- In a large slow cooker, set on high heat. Add onions, celery, sausage, Garlic and Herb Butter, potatoes, corn, lemon, cajun seasoning, chicken stock, white wine, and all other seasonings – stir to combine.
- Cook for approximately 3 hours, stirring occasionally. After potatoes become tender when poked with a fork, add the seafood, and two cups of water (enough to cover seafood). Cook for 30 minutes.
- This is traditionally served outside on a table covered in newspaper. For winter, consider serving on a large cutting board garnished with lemons and your favorite hot sauce.