Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Servings: 4 - 6
- 4 ounces Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter (can substitute Minerva Dairy Sea Salt Butter)
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter, melted for brushing
- 4 artisan flatbread or naan
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat grill to around 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the 4 ounces of Minerva Dairy Smoked Maple Wood Butter.
- Add blackberries and cook for 5 minutes on medium/low heat. Add cornstarch, sea salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the honey and vinegar and stir. Simmer until starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the basil.
- Brush one side of each flatbread with the melted smoked butter and place on the grill buttered-side down. Working quickly, brush the tops of the flatbreads with the remaining melted smoked butter. Once the bottoms are starting to stiffen-up, flip over. Turn grill off.
- Smear a thin layer of ricotta on each flatbread. Stir the remaining Blackberries into the cooked mixture and spoon onto the flatbread.
- Top with remaining chopped basil. Serve warm.