Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Minerva Dairy unsalted butter
- 1/2 lb grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley and extra cheese, for serving
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente. (Follow the instructions on the pasta box, taking 1-2 minutes off cook time.) When finished, save some of the pasta water with a heat-safe measuring cup. Drain the pasta.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the pepper to the butter. (I added 1 teaspoon at first, then added a little more.) Pour in the pasta water, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, and toss it into the buttery mixture with tongs. Add 3/4 of the pecorino cheese, and continue heating and mixing until the cheese has melted.
- Serve warm, and garnish with extra cheese, pepper and parsley.