Prep Time: 60 Minutes
- 10 peaches
- 2 pints blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar (may need a few tablespoons more)
- 1 tablespoon Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- squeeze lemon
- 2 tablespoon sifted corn starch
- 3¾ cups all-purpose flour (448 grams) plus more for dusting
- 12 ounces Minerva Dairy Unsalted Butter (24 tablespoons or 3 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cups iced cold water (2 more tablespoons, if needed)
- Peel Peaches.
- Mark peaches with x on one side.
- Submerge in boiling water for 60 seconds.
- Cool, Peel, Slice.
- Put one tablespoon butter in frying pan with 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Put peaches in brown sugar butter, toss gently. Add 1 tablespoon corn starch.
- Set in colander to drain.
- Make Pie dough.
- Cut butter into small pieces. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt in food processor or Kitchen-Aid mixer. You can whisk and do this with your hands.
- Cut butter into flour mixture. I prefer my Kitchen-Aid mixer, but a food processor works well too.
- You can, however, use a pastry cutter and mix butter into flour, making sure to keep the pieces pea sized.
- Add in ice cold water. Mix just enough to be able to squeeze dough together.
- If the dough stays together when you press, it’s processed enough.
- Put in plastic bag, separating it into ⅓ and ⅔. Bring it together in bag. Refrigerate for one hour. You can do this a day in advance of recipe.
- Bring out twenty minutes before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange rack in oven on bottom third.
- Once you are ready to assemble, first roll out ⅓ dough to make stars. You can make 15 large stars or 18 smaller stars. You can use more dough from the other section if need be. The recipe will make the stars and the remaining dough is just enough for the sheet pan.
- Make the stars and place in refrigerator, while rolling out the dough for the bottom.
- Roll into rectangle and place in sheet pan.
- Fork holes all over the bottom. Place in freezer for a few minutes.
- Arrange the blueberries and peaches.
- Before placing stars over fruit, using your finger, rub milk over each star, and sprinkle raw sugar.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check halfway through and turn pan around.
- Check at 30 minutes and loosely cover with foil if it’s already golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- Keep at room temperature, covered with foil.
- Can be frozen for 60 days. Take out and allow to defrost at room temperature. Can be reheated in oven.